BOOKS AND BANGALORE

Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Sunrise



The world is cloaked in darkness when I wake up in the mornings. The curtains draping the windows of my room seem like giant stage screens before an opera begins, I pull them everyday because I always wish for something new out there. The winds from the sea which smell of salt have quietened themselves. The crickets who have hummed throughout the night are mellowing down. I look at the book which kept me busy before I fell asleep. It is lying open next to the pillow on the page I was reading, the story had paused. It is then when I notice that everything has.

What is the point in getting up from bed if you are too tired doing the same dreary thing again and if you do not know what else to do with the next twenty four hours that you have? What if you have had enough or are hungry for more? Being busy is sometimes enough to make you feel dull and dead. Believe me it is possible. Sometimes a pause or a change is the need of the moment. Well, what it shall be and how it shall come is the question. The answer to which not many  of us can predict or know. That is what life is all about. Maybe that is why we believe in hope, and we wait for the sunrise. I daily do.

-R.

2 comments:

Saru Singhal said...

To break the monotony of anything, we need a change. Change from a dull life, change from a busy life. Beautiful post, loved the way you described your morning rituals...
Saru

Sarah malik said...

I share very similar feelings..sometimes monotony gets onto ones nerves but morning does bring in a new ray of hope...perhaps that how the world goes on happily :)


sarah