BOOKS AND BANGALORE

Friday, August 26, 2011

Fence And Fortitude


Picture courtesy

Fenced by the wires of a strange reality
My feet stay still on the no man's land
While there are striking forces at play
The ones which make all life look bitty
I see the sky and wonder why I stand
When wings of power within  heart lay
Well why do not I try, why do not I fly?
What keeps me bound to the unseen?
The clock ticks whether or not I think
Hopes a hundred in a silent choke cry
Or is it how the whole world has been
Does fortitude stay only for a blink?

-R-

5 comments:

Jidhu Jose said...

nice

Raghavendra Mutt said...

wonderful..!!!!

Sameera said...

Very deep.
"I see the sky and wonder why I stand
When wings of power within heart lay
Well why do not I try, why do not I fly?"

Lovely lines...!

Deboshree said...

The thinker seems to be in pain of some deep, complex origin. I hope the thinker, or rather the - narrator? is not you. :)
Well written.

Raksha Bhat said...

@Everyone: Thank you for reading...